Our Mission at TAMIT is to promote excellence in professional healthcare interpreting and translation in West Tennessee.
- To enhance the quality and increase the number of trained healthcare interpreters and translators in the West Tennessee area.
- To provide the opportunity for networking among members of TAMIT.
- To provide educational and professional training opportunities for medical interpreters and translators.
- To encourage decision makers, providers and consumers in the healthcare industry to comply with recognized standards of practice, concerning the use of language services in the medical field.
- To raise awareness among healthcare providers and consumers of the importance and value of professional medical interpreting and translation.
- To serve as an information clearinghouse for the community, concerning access to language services.
- To network and collaborate with national, state, and local organizations, private enterprises and government agencies.
- To support and perform related research on the enhancement of the profession.
- To develop a non-profit fee-for-service division consistent with the mission of the organization.